The Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) XI has cautioned the public against fraudulent individuals who use the name of the agency to illegally solicit money.
The DSWD issued a statement on Thursday after reports about these illegal activities in Davao Oriental and Compostela Valley.
The group has been distributing documents with the letterhead, Philippine Tribal Governance Administration, for inclusion in Pantawid Pamilya Modified Conditional Cash Transfer for Indigenous Peoples (MCCT-IP).
The group was asking money from households to be included in the 4Ps.
“(The) DSWD selects the beneficiaries for its poverty reduction programs through the Listahanan or the National Household Targeting System where assessment of households in all cities and municipalities is conducted to identify who and where the poor are,” DSWD XI regional director Mercedita Jabagat said in the statement.
“Such assessment is done through household enumeration and interviews and does not involve any collection of money,” she added.
The agency called on the public to be vigilant and report to the DSWD the members of the group who continue to malign the name of the agency.
“The public is advised to immediately report to DSWD similar instances through the Pantawid Pamilya Grievance Hotline at 0918-912-2813 or (indicate direct line) or through the assigned City/Municipal Links of Pantawid Pamilya offices located nationwide,” the agency said.
- Maya named digital bank of the year at the int’l Future Digital Awards
- City investigating committee reconstituted
- Simulation exercise set soon in preparation for Pasko Fiesta
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- EGALITARIAN | Mindanao Futures Thinking
- HONORING MY MOTHER | The incoming waves
- The Rise of Trading in Southeast Asia
- GCash joins hands with BSP, DILG on Paleng-QR Ph rollout
- Spotify Expands Video Podcasting Feature to all Filipino Creators
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | The Bangayans’ Samgyupsalamat