Davaoeño filmmakers will screen their works during the Sandaan: The Davao Films Retrospective, a 3-day event in the Holy Cross of Davao College Theater from Oct. 3-5.
According to Jarell Serencio of Man Overboard Productions, the event will serve as the platform to look back and appreciate how filmmaking started in the city.
“It is very timely because we are celebrating our 100 years of Philippine Cinema, so aside from Davao City we believe that it needs more audience,” he said.
Serencio added that more programs should be pursued to cultivate and encourage new generations to be more involved in the industry.
The event will also screen pioneering films produced by Davaoeno filmmakers.
The featured films are: Huling Balyan ng Buhi by Sherad Anthony Sanches; Baboy Halas by Bagane Fiola; Tu Pug Imatuy by Arbi Barbarona; Ang Palalakbay ng mga Bituin sa Gabing Madilim by Arnel Mardoquio, Latus by John Paul Seniel; Redempsyon by Edmund Telmo (Ozamiz); Chase by Rosette Caoile (Zamboanga); Meet Up by Juvy Ann Clarito (Compostela Valley); and Midnight Epiphany by James Villegas.
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021