Davaoeño filmmakers will screen their works during the Sandaan: The Davao Films Retrospective, a 3-day event in the Holy Cross of Davao College Theater from Oct. 3-5.
According to Jarell Serencio of Man Overboard Productions, the event will serve as the platform to look back and appreciate how filmmaking started in the city.
“It is very timely because we are celebrating our 100 years of Philippine Cinema, so aside from Davao City we believe that it needs more audience,” he said.
Serencio added that more programs should be pursued to cultivate and encourage new generations to be more involved in the industry.
The event will also screen pioneering films produced by Davaoeno filmmakers.
The featured films are: Huling Balyan ng Buhi by Sherad Anthony Sanches; Baboy Halas by Bagane Fiola; Tu Pug Imatuy by Arbi Barbarona; Ang Palalakbay ng mga Bituin sa Gabing Madilim by Arnel Mardoquio, Latus by John Paul Seniel; Redempsyon by Edmund Telmo (Ozamiz); Chase by Rosette Caoile (Zamboanga); Meet Up by Juvy Ann Clarito (Compostela Valley); and Midnight Epiphany by James Villegas.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success