Two alleged communist guerrillas surrendered to the 27th Infantry Battalion at its headquarters in Tupi, South Cotabato on Oct 1.
1Lt. Efren James Halawig, the Civil-Military Operations (CMO) officer of 27th IB, said two members of the Sub-Regional Command, ALIP-Far South Mindanao Region in Tampakan, South Cotabato also brought with them one unit of Carbine and a Springfield rifles.
Their names were withheld for security reasons.
Lt. Col. Jones Otida, commander of the 27th IB, said, “Let us not stop supporting and joining campaigns against the CPP-NPA terrorist, giving them more pressure to weaken their efforts for us to achieve the peace in our community.”
For now, the two are under the custody of the 27th IB for further interview and debriefing process.
- `Crime of passion’ | Durante, 9 others tagged in Yvonette Plaza murder
- Rain causes landslide in Malabog
- ROUGH CUTS | Too much love involved here
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- 100,000 health cards seen to be released this year, say
- HIGHER RATE | Dabawenyos to pay 20% more for water
- PH to send 14 athletes to Asian Lawn Bowls Championships
- Oil prices up for second straight week
- Barangays told: Set up your reading centers
- SOLDIER MURDERED | Unknown killers shoot soldier dead