Following the arrest of a policeman and a police officer’s brother, the Police Regional Office admitted that 10 police officers in the region are being monitored for their involvement in illegal drugs.
Brig. Gen. Marcelo Morales, PRO 11 director, said three ranking officers and seven non-commissioned officers are in their list.
“So I warned all the station commanders to closely monitor their personnel because (they) are responsible in their activities,” Morales said during yesterday’s press conference at Davao City Police Office following the arrest of Police Staff Sergeant Elcelito Macarandan Colita and Glenn Art Laurel Muring, a brother of Police Major Peter John Muring (see separate story).
“You cannot escape responsibility if we will catch your personnel,” Morales warned his commanders. “You will also be charged administratively if they are involved in heinous crime or illegal drug operations.”
Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency Davao director Antonio Rivera said they are monitoring two police officers and two officers in an unstated law enforcement agency in the region.
It was not certain if the two police officers monitored by the PDEA are among those 10 officers monitored by the police operatives.
“We are in the process of validating and trying to gather more information about their involvement in illegal drug activities,” Rivera said.
With the issue of ninja cops, Morales said they continue to cleanse their ranks from scalawags.
“We don’t tolerate such anomaly,” he said.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market