A woman, reportedly said to be a manager of an investment company, was killed by a gunman in Barangay Calinan Proper, Calinan District Monday afternoon.
Major Arquiomedes Wesley, the commander of Calinan Police Station, identified the victim as Elizabeth Lanticse Mantalaba, 29, a real estate broker and businesswoman residing in Purok 2, New Visayas, Panabo City, Davao del Norte.
Investigators are looking into work-related angle, including her involvement as manager of RTM in Panabo City.
According to Wesley, the victim was at Purok 3, Peñano Street in Calinan poblacion when an unidentified gunman attacked her around 3 p.m.
The assailant, the investigation said, shot the victim twice in her head using a .45 caliber pistol while she was opening the door of her Toyota Hilux pick-up.
The victim died immediately due to the gunshots wound on her head.
The gunman escaped on board a motorcycle driven by another man as they headed to unknown direction.
Police recovered at the crime scene two fired cartridges and one fired bullet of .45 caliber pistol.
According to Wesley, the victim reported to the police months ago that she was receiving death threats.
Aside from managing a franchise of RTM in Panabo, the victim was said to have a real estate and a school supplies business store in the Davao del Norte city.
According to the Security and Exchange Commission (SEC), RTM is one of those investment companies that are soliciting investment through social media
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Hard as can be
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- Free HIV testing and treatment still available at Davao’s RHWC
- Bakunahang Bayan launched at Tomas Claudio Health Center
- BOC-Davao continues Sasa Port modernization
- SEC Davao warns public vs. APower, OTCJKE
- Honorary Muslim Princess pursues Maranao museum
- PREACHING PaTIENCE | Endure Christmas gridlock a little longer – Mayor Duterte
- 2 suspects killed in shootout with police
- HEALTH OFFICIAL SAYS: Report personnel asking for VaxCert certificate payment