The Police Regional Office XI and Department of Education signed a memorandum of agreement for “Oplan Makabata,” a crime prevention tool designed for schools.
Maj. Jason Baria, the spokesperson of PRO XI, said the project aims to educate students, teachers, and parents on the various crime prevention programs centered on illegal drugs, bullying, and protection of the basic rights of the child.
OIC Evelyn R. Fetalvero signed the agreement on behalf of DepEd while regional police director, Brig. Gen. Marcelo Morales, represented the PRO XI. The agreement was signed during Monday’s flag-raising ceremony at the PRO XI grandstand, Camp Sgt. Quintin M. Merecido, Barangay Catitipan, Buhangin District.
Baria also said the program aims to address school concerns such as the safety and security of students and teachers. It will also bridge the gap between children and the police through class interaction that will correct negative impressions about the force.
Morales said the program will encourage the children and youth to be STRONG (smart, talented, responsible, obedient, nice, and God-fearing). Hopefully, he said, the program will produce peace-loving citizens in the future.
“I’m thankful for the DepEd XI since we are given the opportunity to be a part of this program for our youth,” he said.
“With the issues of abuses, bullying, increasing numbers of children-in-conflict-with-the-law and recruitment of students to join some left-leaning organizations, well, I think this partnership is very timely and I am optimistic that we will be able to achieve our mission,” he added.
On the issues of children being used as drug couriers, he added, “We’re talking about capacity-building. Our police- teachers will teach children how to deal with the temptations and how to be able to tell if there are offers to them because right now, drugs can be delivered to the school gates.”
Part of the responsibilities of the DepEd XI in this project is to allot time for police officers to conduct information campaign during classes. The agency will also assist the PNP in developing the school-based module. The Regional Community Affairs Division of the PRO XI is tasked to oversee the program.
- Insular Life launches Prime Secure Lite, affordable term life insurance with additional COVID-19 coverage
- GO NEGOSYO HITS 2 MILLION FB FOLLOWERS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – May 12, 2021
- PROTECTING THE ELDERLY | 300 senior citizens get vaccine shots at two COVID-19 jab sites
- 126 barangay workers benefit from Chinese- donated supplies
- City has the budget to cover more free swab tests | Sara
- 23 rebels with pending arrest warrants surrender to DCPO
- AFP to detail 117 military athletes to PSC
- WANDERLUST | Seda Abreeza: celebrating a meaningful anniversary
- ANALYSIS | UNAIDS chief to make first virtual mission