DAWOW Moms, a community-based support group, will celebrate its 4th International Babywearing Week (IBW) at the NCCC Mall Buhangin Activity Area from Oct. 1 to 6.
According to Axel May Clapano, of Dawow Moms International Babywearing Philippines, the group practices and promotes natural parenting in the city. It was established in 2015 with 15 core members, which swelled to over 9,000 members all over Mindanao
She added that the event will raise awareness and provide resources about babywearing and other natural parenting resources like breastfeeding, cloth diapering, tamang KAIN, and baby-led weaning.
“Babywearing started from indigenous people, it’s also praticed in different countries. But modern type of babywearing was popularized by the Babywearing Philippines way back 2000s. We started to popularize it in Davao in 2015 by conducting the 1st IBW here,” she said.
The tradition continued every year since.
IBW will feature free babywearing consultations, seminars, and lectures for parents in Davao City.
More than 2,000 participants are expected to experience the Davao City edition of IBW, which aims to promote, celebrate, advocate, and focus media attention to the benefits of babywearing.
Among the highlights are the opening of the Mompreneur booth by Jezza Damada, associate vice president of NCCC Supermarket; babywearing lecture entitled “Shadrach Co: Continuing the babywearing and weaving Tradition” by Shadrachs Collection; presentation from Moringa O2 entitled “Family Care Regimen”; along with some zumba and games.
A total of P50,000 worth of giveaways, raffles and lootbags will be given away courtesy of the sponsors.
- Insular Life launches Prime Secure Lite, affordable term life insurance with additional COVID-19 coverage
- GO NEGOSYO HITS 2 MILLION FB FOLLOWERS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – May 12, 2021
- PROTECTING THE ELDERLY | 300 senior citizens get vaccine shots at two COVID-19 jab sites
- 126 barangay workers benefit from Chinese- donated supplies
- City has the budget to cover more free swab tests | Sara
- 23 rebels with pending arrest warrants surrender to DCPO
- AFP to detail 117 military athletes to PSC
- WANDERLUST | Seda Abreeza: celebrating a meaningful anniversary
- ANALYSIS | UNAIDS chief to make first virtual mission