A murder case has been filed against six members of a youth gang who stabbed to death a man in a gym in Bucana, Barangay 76-A, Talomo District last Sept. 27.
The Davao City Police Office (DCPO) said four, including a minor, were already arrested while the two others are still hunted.
DCPO director Alexander Tagum said they have already charged Jihad Saman Galanto, Justin Antonio Gallardo, Raven Mesoles Calape, Elmar Jay Secondes, Glender Soner and the 16-year-old boy named Junjun (real name withheld being a minor) for the death of Jericho Nacar Funcion, a roof installer.
All the suspects are residents of Bucana, Barangay 76-A in its urban community along Quezon Boulevard near the mouth of Davao River. The victim was a neighbor of one of the victims at Kasilak.
Tagum said the prosecutor office conducted on Saturday the inquest proceeding against the arrested suspects: Galanto, 20, of Dapsa, St. John; Gallardo, 19, of Manggahan; Calape, 18, of Purok 4, Kasilak, and Junjun of Manggahan.
The police director said a manhunt has been launched against
Secondes alias Chokoy and Soner alias Bungi.
Capt Nolan Tagsip, DCPO spokesperson, said the suspects are member of Resbak Gang who are tagged in the death of Jericho Nacar Funcion, 32, single, who was playing a cellphone game, at Kasilak gym in Bucana around 1:30 a.m.
The suspects allegedly approached and ganged up on the victim.
Funcion was rushed to the Southern Philippines Medical Center (SPMC) but was declared dead on arrival.
He sustained five stab wounds.
Tagsip said there could be an altercation between the victims and the suspects that led to the attack.
The victim’s mother said they would pursue the case against the suspects.
She revealed that her son was about to leave the country for a factory work in Taiwan where his younger brother has been working.
Tagsip called on their parents to monitor their children.
“We are appealing to the parents to watch their children,” he added. “It’s a shared responsibility in guarding the children.”
The police spokesperson said the DCPO is relentless in its conduct of roving patrol every night.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market