Pre-game favorites KD Green Lions, City Mayor’s Office, Nippon Paintmasters and the RFC Financers outplayed separate foes for opening day wins in the RBL (Relampagos Basketball League) Board Members Cup 2019 basketball tournament, Saturday (September 28) at Panabo City Multi-Purpose gym.
The KD Green Lions bested Fiscals/PNP, 83-72 anchored by Boy Lesmoras 23 points, five rebounds and 10 assists while the City Mayors Office nipped the DavNor Faith Defenders, 99-84 with Dong Arcena leading the way with 20 points, eight rebounds and four assists.
For the Nippon Paintmasters, they only needed Boy Chaves’ 13-2-1 points-rebounds-assist performance to beat the HOJ Justice Leaguer, 91-58 while the RFC Financers hand their winning ways over the PDEA Drugbusters, 75-45 with Saldon scoring 16 points to go along with three rebounds and two assists.
All participating teams were present for the grand opening rites which were graced by RBL founders Atty. Jigs Relampagos and Atty.
Arwin Laguindam along with tournament commissioner Jek Melendres.
Teams will play a single bracket classification round to be followed by the crossover group quarterfinals. The top two teams per bracket will have a twice-to-beat edge going to the semifinal round. The semifinal winners will advance to the finals in a best of three affair while the semis losers will play for third place.
The champion team will get P15,000 while the first and second runner-up will get P10,000 and P5,000, respectively.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories