The Cooperative Development Authority and Department of Trade of Industry awarded eight co-ops during the Gawad Parangal Recognition and KOOPBalitaan at the Grand Men Seng Hotel yesterday.
“This is a regionwide activity … wherein we recognize the performance of these cooperatives in Region XI,” said Elma Oguis, regional director, of the CDA.
According to Oguis, this is the first time they gave awards in the region since they started six years ago.
“We used to have this incorporated with the opening salvo of each the provinces having October as the cooperative month,” she added.
She added that they will be having an opening salvo in the city today at the Almendras gym.
“We have identified 33 coopertives, whom they have classified as deserving cooperatives, but only eight have submitted and complied with the requirements,” Oguis said.
The Gawad Parangal Recognition is divided into three categories: the medium, large-millionaire and large-billionare category.
The awardees were:
• Davao BIR Employees Multi-Purpose Coopertive (DABIREMCO)
• Davao International Airport Community Multipurpose Cooperative (DIAC-MPC)
• MADECO Multi-Purpose Cooperative
• Manuel Guianga and Sirib Growers and Employees Multipurpose Cooperative (MAGSIGE MPC)
• Maragusan Growers Multi-Purpose Cooperative
• Silangan Multi-Purpose Cooperative
• King Multi-Purpose Cooperative
• Sta. Ana Multi-Purpose Cooperative
The CDA is looking at how they are helping their members and how sound their organizations are. They also studied how the boards are managing the cooperatives.
- `Crime of passion’ | Durante, 9 others tagged in Yvonette Plaza murder
- Rain causes landslide in Malabog
- ROUGH CUTS | Too much love involved here
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- 100,000 health cards seen to be released this year, say
- HIGHER RATE | Dabawenyos to pay 20% more for water
- PH to send 14 athletes to Asian Lawn Bowls Championships
- Oil prices up for second straight week
- Barangays told: Set up your reading centers
- SOLDIER MURDERED | Unknown killers shoot soldier dead