Davao Regional signature farm produce take the spotlight in the sophomore installment of Kain Na! Food and Travel Festival of the Department of Tourism and Department of Agriculture last September 27 to 29 at the newest mall in Manila Bay area, the Ayala Malls Manila Bay.
The 3-day event showcased local chefs, local dishes, local products and farm tourism sites across the archipelago.
“The event aims to promote and develop culinary and farm tourism, and endeavors to place the Philippines as a center of food and gastronomy,” said DOT Xl regional director Tanya Rabat-Tan.
Various regions – Central Luzon, Calabarzon, Bicol, Western Visayas, Caraga, Northern Mindanao and Davao – participated in Kain Na! Food and Travel Festival.
For the Davao Region showcase, DOT-Xl partnered with restaurateur Chef Patrick Co of The Fat Cow and The Asian Cow in preparing regional dishes that featured Adlai from Malita, Davao Occidental, Champorado using Malagos chocolate with candied dilis, Malagos Praline with Duyaya Durian from Belvis Farm of Calinan, Durian Turon (D24 durian variety from Belvis Farm) at Keso with Langka Syrup (also from Belvis Farm), and Tapa Kalabaw Taco with Pummelo. The said dishes were featured during the dégustation, which was part of the opening of the festival.
Aside from Patrick Co, Malagos Garden Resort and Malagos Agriventures, Belviz Farms (Rosario’s Chocolate) and Hijo Resorts Davao of Tagum (as a culinary tourism destination) were also part of the Davao Region delegation to Kain Na! 2019.
Hijo Resorts of Tagum City prepared samplers of Tausug and Ka’gan dishes for guests and VIPs, such as Sayul Puso (Lapulapu fish and banana blossom) and Gyatan na Layagan (softshell crabs in coconut milk).
On the event’s second day, Malagos Chocolate’s Rex Puentespina held a brief talk on the humble beginnings of their company as well as the history of chocolates in the Philippines. He also gave away treats to the audience and gave tips on how to appreciate specialty chocolates.
- Discover new tech trends and the new retail at the Stores Asia Expo 2022
- 10th ID donates aircons to seniors
- `Disgraceful version’ Sara lambastes Walden Bello for `blaming’ her for libel case
- Man missing as floods hit city, bares CDRRMO
- Thai, 14 others to judge `Indak-indak’, says organizer
- Councilors acknowledge Times’ role in shaping Davao’s history
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- Davao Light and Poer Co., Inc. Service disruptions on August 11, 12, and 13 in different areas of Davao City
- ROUGH CUTS | One light moment with the late FVR
- OFFICIAL | Number of enrollees seen to surpass number last year