A 20-year-oldman who is out on bail for a theft case was killed inside a computer shop in Rasay Street, Barangay Toril Proper, Toril District late Saturday afternoon.
Lt. Col. Jed Clamor, commander of Toril Police Station, identified the fatality as Jet Nazareno Desabilla, single, student and a resident of Rasay Street.
Clamor said Desabilla was inside Sumalan Computer Shop when an unidentified man armed with a gun entered at around 5 p.m.
Without any word, the perpetrator shot Desabilla twice on the head, killing him on the spot.
The attacker was described to be around 5’2” tall, slim in built, wearing green t-shirt, short pants and wearing a medical mask.
The culprit immediately left on board a black-and-white motorcycle without plate number, driven by unidentified driver wearing a black helmet, white t-shirt and short pants, heading toward unknown direction.
The Scene of the Crime Operatives personnel, led by Maj. Nolan Genova, recovered two pieces of fired cartridges and two deformed slug believed to be of .45 caliber pistol.
Desabilla’s body was brought to Toril Community Cooperative Funeral Parlor along MacArthur Highway in Barangay Lizada, Toril District for the autopsy.
Clamor told reporters that they are looking into personal grudge as the possible motive of the incident.
“Possibly, it was personal because of his previous activities,” Clamor said adding that the victim was involved in theft cases in Toril.
Clamor said police arrested Desabilla last July “but he was able to post bail.”
The intelligence operatives of Toril Police Station are still conducting a manhunt operation for the identification and possible apprehension of the attacker.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success