A 20-year-oldman who is out on bail for a theft case was killed inside a computer shop in Rasay Street, Barangay Toril Proper, Toril District late Saturday afternoon.
Lt. Col. Jed Clamor, commander of Toril Police Station, identified the fatality as Jet Nazareno Desabilla, single, student and a resident of Rasay Street.
Clamor said Desabilla was inside Sumalan Computer Shop when an unidentified man armed with a gun entered at around 5 p.m.
Without any word, the perpetrator shot Desabilla twice on the head, killing him on the spot.
The attacker was described to be around 5’2” tall, slim in built, wearing green t-shirt, short pants and wearing a medical mask.
The culprit immediately left on board a black-and-white motorcycle without plate number, driven by unidentified driver wearing a black helmet, white t-shirt and short pants, heading toward unknown direction.
The Scene of the Crime Operatives personnel, led by Maj. Nolan Genova, recovered two pieces of fired cartridges and two deformed slug believed to be of .45 caliber pistol.
Desabilla’s body was brought to Toril Community Cooperative Funeral Parlor along MacArthur Highway in Barangay Lizada, Toril District for the autopsy.
Clamor told reporters that they are looking into personal grudge as the possible motive of the incident.
“Possibly, it was personal because of his previous activities,” Clamor said adding that the victim was involved in theft cases in Toril.
Clamor said police arrested Desabilla last July “but he was able to post bail.”
The intelligence operatives of Toril Police Station are still conducting a manhunt operation for the identification and possible apprehension of the attacker.
- `Crime of passion’ | Durante, 9 others tagged in Yvonette Plaza murder
- Rain causes landslide in Malabog
- ROUGH CUTS | Too much love involved here
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- 100,000 health cards seen to be released this year, say
- HIGHER RATE | Dabawenyos to pay 20% more for water
- PH to send 14 athletes to Asian Lawn Bowls Championships
- Oil prices up for second straight week
- Barangays told: Set up your reading centers
- SOLDIER MURDERED | Unknown killers shoot soldier dead