An earthquake struck Mindanao yesterday morning.
According to the report of the Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology (Phivolcs), the magnitude 6.4 quake originated 130 kilometers southeast off the coast of Jose Abad Santos, Davao Occidental at 10:02 a.m.
The earthquake, which was tectonic by origin, has a depth of 60 kilometers.
Intensity 3 was felt in the cities of Davao, Kidapawan, and Gingoog.
Meanwhile, Intensity 4 was felt in Kiamba and Alabel in Sarangani, General Santos City and Tupi in South Cotabato.
Bislig City and Cagayan de Oro City both felt Intensity 1.
There was no reported major damage.
Some schools offering Sunday classes in the city had their students evacuated. Other establishments in the city also evacuated their occupants.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- FANTASTIC BEASTS | The secrets of dumbledore, and more titles streaming on HBO go via sky
- Residents urged to be vigilant vs COVID-19
- ROUGH CUTS | Davao City’s other face
- SEC issues cease and desist order against Wellcons Unlimited Systems, Inc.
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JUNE 29, 2022
- DOLE brings livelihood grants to Davao de Oro
- Statement on affirmation of revocation of Rappler’s Corporate Registration
- No untoward incident during oath-taking of incoming mayor
- City, DavOr, 5 towns under Alert Level 1