Thirteen more prisoners, released through the Good Conduct and Time Allowance (GCTA) law, surrendered to authorities.
With this, police are now tracking down the remaining 13 convicts in Davao Region as 63 other beneficiaries of GCTA already surrendered.
Capt. Nolan Tagsip, the spokesperson of Davao City Police Office (DCPO), said three of the surrenderers were already turned over to the Davao Penal Farm Colony in Panabo, Davao del Norte.
Tagsip identified those already turned over as Carlito Basilan del Pilar and Rener Dave Sarte Panilagao, both rape convicts, and Andres Oñez Biangcong, a murder convict.
Del Pilar and Panilagao gave up to the Toril Police Station, while Biangcong surrendered to the Sta. Ana Police Station.
Tagsip said the 13 remaining at-large convicts can still give up even though the surrender deadline issued by President Rodrigo Duterte already lapsed.
“Just go to the nearest police station,” Tagsip advised the remaining at-large convicts.
The Police Regional Office XI was provided with 76 names of prisoners who were released under the GCTA.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success