Thirteen more prisoners, released through the Good Conduct and Time Allowance (GCTA) law, surrendered to authorities.
With this, police are now tracking down the remaining 13 convicts in Davao Region as 63 other beneficiaries of GCTA already surrendered.
Capt. Nolan Tagsip, the spokesperson of Davao City Police Office (DCPO), said three of the surrenderers were already turned over to the Davao Penal Farm Colony in Panabo, Davao del Norte.
Tagsip identified those already turned over as Carlito Basilan del Pilar and Rener Dave Sarte Panilagao, both rape convicts, and Andres Oñez Biangcong, a murder convict.
Del Pilar and Panilagao gave up to the Toril Police Station, while Biangcong surrendered to the Sta. Ana Police Station.
Tagsip said the 13 remaining at-large convicts can still give up even though the surrender deadline issued by President Rodrigo Duterte already lapsed.
“Just go to the nearest police station,” Tagsip advised the remaining at-large convicts.
The Police Regional Office XI was provided with 76 names of prisoners who were released under the GCTA.
- MG Mall Of Asia joins MG Philippines’ Nationwide Dealership Network, and is the first MG Dealership to feature a unique MG “Carffé” Coffee Shop
- EGALITARIAN | Catching up with our neighbors
- CHEMICAL SPILL | Public warned vs. water activities at Davao River until declared safe
- Kadayawan 3D light show at City Hall starts on Aug. 5
- Ex-DA chief Piñol calls for NFA revival to promote PH banana
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Family album
- ROUGH CUTS | Our hat off the CHO
- SEC cancels Flying Bear’s lending license, registration
- City readies aid to quake victims
- LGU, DOH link to enhance campaign on family planning