Thirteen more prisoners, released through the Good Conduct and Time Allowance (GCTA) law, surrendered to authorities.
With this, police are now tracking down the remaining 13 convicts in Davao Region as 63 other beneficiaries of GCTA already surrendered.
Capt. Nolan Tagsip, the spokesperson of Davao City Police Office (DCPO), said three of the surrenderers were already turned over to the Davao Penal Farm Colony in Panabo, Davao del Norte.
Tagsip identified those already turned over as Carlito Basilan del Pilar and Rener Dave Sarte Panilagao, both rape convicts, and Andres Oñez Biangcong, a murder convict.
Del Pilar and Panilagao gave up to the Toril Police Station, while Biangcong surrendered to the Sta. Ana Police Station.
Tagsip said the 13 remaining at-large convicts can still give up even though the surrender deadline issued by President Rodrigo Duterte already lapsed.
“Just go to the nearest police station,” Tagsip advised the remaining at-large convicts.
The Police Regional Office XI was provided with 76 names of prisoners who were released under the GCTA.
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021