The Davao City Chamber of Commerce Inc. is all set for the three-day 21st Davao Agri Trade Expo (DATE) today at the SMX Convention Center, Lanang.
DCCCI Executive Vice President John Tria said that the event is set to be the biggest and longest-running agri-business expo held annually in Southern Philippines with about 10,000 in foot traffic on the average every year.
“We expect the same or more than foot traffic this year than last year,” Tria said, adding that the investment in agriculture and other related businesses has been growing.
The trade expo will feature micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs) and about 90 local and international companies have signified their intention to join in the expo.
“We want to include the small backyard farmers, it’s an inclusive event that people from all walks of life can participate. We want to focus on really improving the agriculture especially in Mindanao to make it really the basket of the Philippines,” said Valente Turtur, Cacao Industry Development Association of Mindanao (Cidami) president and chair of the event.
There will also be free technical seminars about wild life trade, breed development, aquaculture, agri-fishery, mushroom production, potential of dairy products and talks about the African Swine Fever offered to anyone.
Turtur added that this event will also be a tool to call on farmers cooperatives to explore, integrate and achieve the volume importers needs.
- Exec: Davao light spending P1.85-B in capex in 2021
- Microsoft unveils immersive education solutions to inspire educators in reimagining learning experiences
- Damosa, IWG unveil franchise partnership
- EDITORIAL | The community press today
- STATEMENT | Ending violence and ensuring jobs and rights for Filipina OFWs
- City In Photos
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Automatic writing
- Philippine Media Statement On the Anti-Terrorism Act of 2020
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- City In Photos