The Mati City government has partnered with a payment center to make it easier for people to settle their tax dues and other fees.
In signing the agreement between the city government and the Corporate Information Solutions (CIS) Bayad Center Inc. on Friday, Mayor Michelle Marie Denise N. Rabat said the project was among those that she was conceptualizing during her earlier term as mayor.
“This program is closest to my heart because this was already my plan last 2010 but because of financial constraint it did not push through,” said Rabat in a statement.
The project was further stalled when she lost her reelection bid in 2013 to first-degree cousin Carlo P. Rabat who she defeated in the latest mayoral contest.
“But now that I’m back to the office, this partnership will continue with the help of our partners. And because this is also the mandate of our President. I’m happy that we will be the first to operate,” said Rabat.
Under the system, taxpayers and others who have obligations to pay with the city government will not have to go to the city hall to settle their dues but will only need to pay their dues at identified payment outlets, including those located inside convenience stores.
They can even pay in areas outside the city for as long as there is a CIS Bayad Center or those identified outlets like those of 7-11, Palawan Pawnshop, Mini-Stop, LBC and Cebuana Lhuillier.
The city government was informed that it was the first among local government units to tap the system.
Francispito P. Quevedo, CIS Bayad Center chief operations officer, thanked the city government for partnering with his company as the project was “trailblazing and big breakthrough” because the city was the first to adopt it.
CIS Bayad Center, which can be franchised, is a collection center for bills and other payments.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market