What is a day like for my mom who works in an SM mall? What is dad busy with when he’s working in SM?
A recent activity answered these questions that kids of SM employees may often ask. They experienced a day of SM magic with Kiddie Patrol, a family engagement activity for the children of SM employees. This happened last September 14 throughout SM malls in the country.
“This initiative promotes #PrideInMyPurpose among employees because it showcases the work that they do to the ones that drive their strongest purpose in their SM Life: their families,” said Ms. Ma. Ruby Sano, SM Supermalls Mindanao regional human resources manager.
The simple mall field trip, which was attended by over 800 kids throughout the country, created an emotional connection to the SM brand by promoting family inclusiveness among employees.
Kids enjoyed a preview of films in the SM Cinema; they also interacted with the mall’s security teams who showed them the roles of security guards. The SM Food Hall and Foodcourt also brought the kids backstage to show them the magic that goes into making food (and cleaning dishes!). SM’s engineering teams also lead the show and tell sessions on power generators and air-conditioners.
Kids also had a chance to greet customers in the entrance as the mall welcomed morning shoppers.
The fun activity was capped with coloring and drawing interactions that inspired leadership (or “mall management”) in bite sized lessons.
At the end of the day, SM Kiddie Patrol was about making connections and meaningful understanding; and putting family at the top of every SM employee’s to-do list.
- Composite teams named for COVID vaccination program
- Marawi, Lanao Sur MSMEs to benefit from Plant Tissue Lab
- READY FOR JABBING | Almost 100% of 2,300 DCPO members willing to be vaccinated
- Over 500,000 identified for the vaccination priority list
- PARADIGM SHIFT | Why Is the Organization of Islamic Cooperation Silent on China’s Treatment of Uyghur Muslims When the United States Alleges Genocide?
- PNIA primed to boost nickel sector
- Choice Mart is now on foodpanda
- Public urged: Watch out for entities using games, franchise programs
- BDO offers QR Code withdrawals from select ATMs
- Your next best roommate could be a plant