The City Council is set to pass today the ordinance allowing Mayor Sara Duterte to enter into sisterhood agreements with Cotabato and Zamboanga.
The committee on international relations, chaired by Councilor Augusto Javier Campos III, passed the two ordinances following the recommendation of the Davao City International Relations Board.
The two items are calendared for third reading in Tuesday’s regular session at the Sangguniang Panlungsod building.
Cotabato and Zamboanga cities both eye to partner with Davao City in the fields of economic, social, culture, tourism, arts, tourism, arts, transportation, technology, among others that may be benefit to each other.
As stated in the committee report, Cotabato City’s membership to the Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao will “further strengthen its position as a valuable ally of Davao City.”
“As the parties gather a vast number of tourists, it is deemed favorable to exchange tourism practices and cultural preservation techniques,” the proposed agreement provided.
It added that both cities share their methods to attract and maintain tourist interest, including the promotion and preservation of their own respective cultures.
Also, both Davao City and the Cotabato City recognize agriculture as one of their major industries, so both cities will endeavor to share and exchange ideas on agricultural enhancement systems and programs.
“The cities may provide, if within the capacity, an exchange in the necessary machines, crops, and products that are lacking within their partnered Sister City,” it said.
For trade and commerce, both cities shall maintain open communication in terms of potential business ventures, investment, and product trade. “Both may broaden the communication fields and make concerted efforts to promote best practices and exchanges In other fields that are beneficial to both,” the proposed agreement said.
The two cities, once approved, will become the ninth and tenth local local sister cities. The city has also eight international sister cities.
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021