The City government will intensify its initiative in delivering health services to the Lumad communities in the city.
The City Health Office, under the provisions of the Executive Order no. 36, has joined the government’s inter-agency committee that will lay down the blueprint for the Indigenous People’s better access to basic health services.
The CHO will serve as the center of communication and the reporting agency of the Inter-Agency Committee on Indigenous People’s Health, created jointly by the Department of Health, National Commission on Indigenous Peoples, and the Department of the Interior and Local Government.
“The City Health Office (CHO) has joined the government’s inter-agency committee which will lay down the blueprint for the Indigenous People’s better access to basic health services,” the statement from the City Information Office said.
Being the CIAC-IPH Secretariat, the CHO is tasked to take care of the documents and records and keeps minutes of meetings of the CIAC-IPH. It shall also coordinate the implementation of the CIAC-IPH plans and activities.
The CIAC-IPH is in line with the Joint Memorandum Circular No. 2013-01 issued on April 19, 2013, that sets the guidelines on the “Delivery of Basic Health Services for Indigenous Cultural Communities/Indigenous Peoples (ICCs/IPs.)
The CIAC-IPH covers national, regional, and city level, and is mandated to address coverage, and equity issues in the provision of basic health services for the ICCs and IPs. CIAC-IPH also serves as technical coordinating and monitoring arm in the implementation of the JMC and its strategic plan at the city level.
- Insular Life launches Prime Secure Lite, affordable term life insurance with additional COVID-19 coverage
- GO NEGOSYO HITS 2 MILLION FB FOLLOWERS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – May 12, 2021
- PROTECTING THE ELDERLY | 300 senior citizens get vaccine shots at two COVID-19 jab sites
- 126 barangay workers benefit from Chinese- donated supplies
- City has the budget to cover more free swab tests | Sara
- 23 rebels with pending arrest warrants surrender to DCPO
- AFP to detail 117 military athletes to PSC
- WANDERLUST | Seda Abreeza: celebrating a meaningful anniversary
- ANALYSIS | UNAIDS chief to make first virtual mission