The Davao City Police Office (DCPO) has further strengthened its security measures following the recent terror attacks in different areas in Mindanao.
“We cannot discount the possibility of threats here in Davao because we only belong to one island, we are part of Mindanao. It is better to be prepared all the time,” Capt. Nolan Tagsip, DCPO spokesman, said in an interview.
He also said that they are always on guard for any possible assault in the city as they are always keeping an eye on the possible worst case scenario that may occur.
“Whether there’s a threat or not, we should always be on guard,” he said, adding that they are always on red alert status even if they haven’t received any intelligence report describing a direct threat.
“Actually, we are on full alert status is ever since Kadayawan, and we never lowered it until now. So we are always ready,” he said.
Among the security measures are the recent simulation drill in the DCPO camp, the no backpack and no jacket policies in certain places, maximum security zone at San Pedro square, along with random and fixed checkpoints.
Also, they continue to train their personnel to upgrade their skills to properly respond to modern threats.
“We have conducted close intelligence monitoring for the spillovers with our AFP counterparts and then for our border checkpoints, more boots on the ground, more personnel on the ground,” he said
Tagsip also urged everyone in the community to cooperate with the law enforcers for their own safety.
“Hand-in-hand with the community, we are asking for your help, for your coordination to secure the city,” he said, as he reminded that citizens should always be vigilant and abide by the laws to prevent terrorists from entering the city.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | May be it’s time for the SP to probe
- Former NPA rebel pinpoints location of buried weapons
- Drug suspect killed during buy-bust
- Simulation exercise vs. terror inside public school a success
- City joins Lunhaw Expo
- Davao de Oro Police Office hailed as best in Davao Region
- 14 barangays declared free of illegal drugs
- UPDATED PROMISE | Official: Bulk water project to start operations in March
- MAD Talks presents: Sa Ngayon, Padayon