Lawmakers dismissed three complaints against barangay officials in the city.
The committee on ethics and good government, chaired by Councilor Antoinette Principe-Castrodes, closed close three items after finding no cause to continue the proceedings.
Kagawad Alvid Vibora of Barangay Leon Garcia, Agdao District was the subject of an administrative complaint filed by Eddie M. Batoon, Reynaldo A. Asgar, Richard A. Asgar, Renato B. Roxas, Shirly S. Canas, Gina G. Padilla, Marie Fe A. Arbon, Cynthia D. Decenteceo, Emma J. Artiaga, Rechel A. Cabellon, and Ronald Y. Capitan for alleged discrimination against LGBTQ members.
Principe-Castrodes said during committee hearings, the complainants expressed that they were able to solve their differences and are no longer interested in pursuing the case.
In another case, kagawad Teodoro M. Villanueva was sued for non-payment of honoraria by complainants Lilibeth M. Payca, Rosie A. Malubay and Vincent P. Lim against Punong Barangay Charles Warren D. Chang and the barangay treasurer of Barangay 16-B.
But the case was already resolved after the committee hearings.
“The complainants informed me that they are no longer interested to pursue the case on the ground that they have already received their respective honoraria in June 2018,” said Principe-Castrodes.
Another case of Chang from another complainant was also dismissed.
Jane Sambas Pil and Melania S. Sambas initially filed an administrative complaint against Punong Barangay Charles Warren D. Chang of Barangay 16-B for conduct unbecoming of an official.
“After series of committee hearing, on Sept. 21, 2018, the parties were able to settle their differences,” Principe-Castrodes said.
- Migs Dominguez is new Alsons Dev director
- This is it — #AngSignNaHanapMo to achieve your beauty goals
- JIB’s IChef Makes History as Mindanao’s First Halal-Certified Institution
- EGALITARIAN l Weak Peso to Our Advantage
- HONORING MY MOTHER l Cleaning as lifesaver (a Rewrite)
- ROUGH CUTS l Men are created equal?
- 2 cops nabbed for involvement in Gensan robbery; superiors relieved
- P2.448-M in shabu seized in Toril raid
- Residents urged vote for city in global contest
- Davaoeña is new head of TPB