The City Veterinarian Office (CVO) has established quarantine zones at the Task Force Davao (TFD) checkpoints in key entry points of the city to prevent the entry of hogs and meat products contaminated with African Swine Fever (ASF), a city veterinarian said.
“We conducted seminars on farmers and set up quarantine zones in three entry points of the city, mainly in Lacson, Sirawan and Lasang,” City Veterinarian Dr. Cerelyn Pinili said.
Pinili said she deployed five CVO personnel for each checkpoint to handle the quarantine zones 24/7 to prevent the possible entry of hogs and meat products contaminated with ASF virus in the city.
She said that the quarantine is in coordination with the TFD who are assigned in the checkpoints.
“All will be checked upon arriving at the checkpoints. For the live animals, we will be asking for documents or permits, or else the cargo will be asked to return to their point of origin,” she said.
Aside from the inspection of meat and hogs cargoes, footbaths will also be implemented to disinfect the footwears of those entering the city.
“All of those arriving in the city will really pass through footbaths,” she said.
Pinili said the city government is doing its best to prevent ASF from entering the city with stricter policies on checkpoints and programs and seminars to further address prevention towards ASF.
“There is nothing to worry, the whole Mindanao is free from ASF, Davao is also safe. We are free to eat out meat,” she said.
Then acting mayor Sebastian Duterte recently signed Executive Order 37 to create the African Swine Fever Task Force to act against ASF.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success