A family from Barangay Malabog, Paquibato District took home the Huwarang Pamilyang Pilipino regional award of the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) Davao Region.
The Carlos Family received yesterday P20,000 during the awarding of the regional and provincial winners of the 2019 Regional Search for Huwarang Pamilyang Pilipino and Search for Exemplary Child at Grand Regal Hotel.
The recognition, which started in 2012, awards exemplary Pantawid Pamilyang Pilipino Program beneficiaries “who have good standing in the community with no derogatory records and have not been convicted of any administrative, criminals, civil case or cases involving moral turpitude in the last five years, and a family with 100% compliance in all Pantawid Pamilya conditionalities,” a press statement from DSWD said.
“The search aims to recognize family beneficiaries of Pantawid Pamilyang Pilipino Program who maintain strong family ties, demonstrate positive Filipino values, and have a positive impact in the community where they reside,” said DSWD Regional Director Mercedita Jabagat.
The Carlos Family will participate in the national awarding ceremonies in Manila on Sept. 29, 2019.
Meanwhile, Juhan Dave Tombo of Mati City is awarded as the regional winner of the Search for Pantawid Exemplary Child. He received P15,000 and will compete at the national level in November during the national celebration of Children’s Month in Manila.
“Model Pantawid families and children beneficiaries are proof that anyone can have a better chance at fighting the effects of poverty if he or she is accessed to opportunities and tools for human development,” the DSWD said.
Currently, the 4Ps caters to 247,450 family-beneficiaries throughout the region.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WRITING DETOURS | Confessions of a Fortnite virgin
- ROUGH CUTS | Were they neophyte traffic law enforcers?
- DUBIOUS DISTINCTION | Davao City supplants QC on daily COVID cases: researcher
- 858 affected workers apply for government financial aid
- PSC says yes to Tokyo Olympics budget from POC
- Go Negosyo, PCCI, OCTA Research join hands to push population protection
- DOLE-Davao hosts virtual job fair
- NPA rebel killed in Misamis clash
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Shot again