With the recent bomb attacks in some parts of the island, the Davao City Police Office (DCPO) conducted a suicide simulation exercise (simex) on Wednesday at the DCPO entrance gate to train and prepare public safety officers in case an attack occurs.
“The purpose that we are conducting this simex drill is to prepare our people for the worst, because we have this saying that goes, ‘if we fail to prepare, then we are preparing to fail.’ So that’s why we conducted this so that in all possible scenarios that may happen in the future our people will be prepared,” said DCPO Director Alexander Tagum.
According to him, the simex was also to test coordination and skills of law enforcement personnel as to their performances in responding the bombing situation.
“They managed the situation and lessened the possible effect of the attack because of their performance,” he said.
Tagum said he was grateful for the productivity of the drill.
“They have given us the best performance. They followed the protocols, they followed the standard operating procedure, and immediate action drill, which was given to our personnel in case similar attack that happened in Sulu will happen in our area,” he said.
He added that all security and law enforcement safety units under Public Safety and Security Command Center (PSSCC) are performing well.
“All security forces and law enforcement safety unit under public safety and security command center are performing well”, he said, pointing out the expeditious coordination and the quick responding of the law enforcement force.
Although there are still more to improve, Tagum ensured that they will be correcting their shortcomings.
“We will keep on preparing our people so that we will be more effective in our service for the people in Davao,” he said.
Among those who cooperated in the said drill were the Central 911, City Transport and Traffic Management Office (CCTMO), Task Force Davao, and other security forces.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market