The Davao City Traffic Group is currently on a roadshow to promote safe and defensive driving after recording 179 vehicle crashes the past week.
According to Nolan Raquid, chief of the City Traffic Group, the road safety forum will give points and tips to participants so they can be safe on the road. They took advantage of the captured audience of the ‘Oplan Kalinaw’ program.
“On a daily basis, our personnel are deployed on the ground and are given quotas,” he said.
He said that each of the personnel have targets of how many they can reach out to for the awareness campaign. “So that, at least, we can pass forward to the public the need to instill discipline and not violate the traffic laws,” Raquid said.
Earlier this month, the Traffic Group launched oplan “one time, big time,” a city-wide weekly operation where personnel were divided into three to operate in north, south and downtown area.
“Actually, we already launched a program last February if you still remember the campaign plan against unsafe driving and riding by Sir Tagum (city police director Col. Alexander Tagum),” he said.
Since February this year, they already apprehended 127 violators who face penalties under the RA 10586 Anti-Drug and Drugged Driving Act. From February to September 2019, a total of 45,767 traffic violators were also fined and penalized.
He added that they support any move, ordinance or law that promotes the safety of general public.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories