Eight hundred people coming from two barangays in Sto. Tomas, Davao del Norte benefited from the second leg of Oplan Tabang that kicked off on Wednesday and will end today today.
Col. Nolasco Mempin, the commander of 1003rd Infantry Brigade, said the residents of barangays San Jose and Magwawa took advantage of the free services offered in the caravan.
The services include animal and health livestock, disaster preparedness, home safety, sports, livelihood opportunities, legal services, health and social services.
“Oplan Tabang has once again proven how good governance and convergence effectively counter insurgency by changing people’s lives for the better,” Mempin said.
Davao del Norte Gov. Edwin I Jubahib also gave a speech that formally marked the start of the three-day caravan.
Also present during the activity were Rey T. Uy, vice governor of Davao Del Norte; Jake Pelampagos, board member District II; Rolly Catalan, board member District II; Sto. Tomas Mayor Ernesto T. Evangelista; Col. Ranie Hachuela, OIC of the Davao Del Norte Police Provincial Office; Lt. Col. Silas D. Transmontero, batalion commander of the 89th IB; and the provincial agency heads and barangay officials.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories