A retailer of beauty and health products, Watsons Philippines, is planning to add another 50 outlets this year, its top official said.
Rafael Lim, director of trade and health at Watsons Philippines, said last week that the brand has 781 branches, 65 of them in Mindanao, 19 in the city.
“We always seek and understand the needs of our customers,” said Lim, although he did not mention how much is the capital expenditure for a branch.
He added that the difference between the upcoming stores and the stores at present will only be in the location of the stores not in prices and the brands that these stores will carry.
In launching its online store in July, he said that the brand, which was started in 1841 in Hong Kong by the A. S.Watsons group, wants that its products be accessible to its customers, “that is why in Watsons, not only you have to go to the store but you can also buy it online.”
“In Manila we have ‘click and collect’ and ‘call and deliver’, that means if you choose the ‘click and collect’ the product will be delivered to the store nearest to you (where the customers will pay),” Lim said, adding that in the “call and deliver” concept, the goods will be delivered to the houses of the customers.
He said the brand has been improving its delivery process.
Watsons Philippines started operating in 2002 when the Hong Kong-based company forged a partnership with the SM Prime Holdings of Henry Sy with the first branch located at the SM Megamall.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market