Teodoro “Odi” Belisario of team Shorin Chi Karate Kan Davao wound-up with a gold medal finish in the recent Kydokan Filipinas National Invitational Open tournament played September 7, 2019 in Naga City.
Belisario who is also a member of the Karate Pilipinas Incorporated Region XI, stood tall at the winner’s podium with the gold medal won in the Open weight category in the all-kumite tournament dubbed as “Battle of the Fittest II”
He was Davao City’s lone gold medalist after teammates Jassen Manuva and Marcelo Villaflor Shian foiled their chances after losing in respective semifinal rounds.
“The region is proud of him,” said Karate Pilipinas Incorporated Region XI director Rommel Tan who also lauded Karate Pilipinas Incorporated Davao City coordinator Cris Campomanes who participated in the tournament as one of the officials.
- Gawilan formalizes Tokyo Paralmpics bid
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- 7,300 CASES FILED | City pursues charge vs violators of COVID-19 health protocols
- Air assets on standby to help LGUs send supplies, vaccines
- DOH XI | No new variant in Mati City
- KISSA AND DAWAT | Merit-based selection: Can it be done?
- TURNING POINT | Bubble herd immunity
- PLAIN AND SIMPLE | To vaccine or not
- ROUGH CUTS | Where ‘deception’ makes good strategy
- URC weathers difficult times with its people-first approach