Six Barangay in Panabo City and two sectoral organizations have been declared as cleared, peaceful and conflict-resilientcCommunities (CPCRC) following a validation on Sep 17, 2019 at the 89th Infantry Battalion headquarters in Barangay New Visayas, Sto Tomas, Davao Del Norte.
Col. Nolasco Nempin, the commander of 1003rd Infantry brigade, identified the barangays as Kasilak, Manay, New Malitbog, Cacao, Nanyo, and Tibungol, all in Panabo City.
On the other hand, Mempin said the two sectoral organizations are Madaum Agrarian Reform Beneficiaries Association Inc., a farmers group in Madaum, Tagum City, and the Pasakaday Salugpungan Kalimudan Talaingod Chapter. The two organizations allegedly used to help the NPA by recruiting new members into the rebel group.
This leaves Davao Del Norte Province with only three NPA-affected barangays at present.
He also said the declaration was the result of a screening by the AFP-PNP Area Clearing Validation Board (ACVB) comprised of members from the 10th Infantry Division and Police Regional Office, whose task is to ensure that the clearing of barangays and redirecting of sectoral organizations have passed the standards set forth by the Joint Letter Directive Number 3, Series of 2019.
Governor Edwin I Jubahib of Davao del Norte witnessed the board proceedings and validation.
In his speech, the governor assured that his administration is working very hard to provide the basic services. They will also come up with livelihood programs for remote barangays.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories