Six Barangay in Panabo City and two sectoral organizations have been declared as cleared, peaceful and conflict-resilientcCommunities (CPCRC) following a validation on Sep 17, 2019 at the 89th Infantry Battalion headquarters in Barangay New Visayas, Sto Tomas, Davao Del Norte.
Col. Nolasco Nempin, the commander of 1003rd Infantry brigade, identified the barangays as Kasilak, Manay, New Malitbog, Cacao, Nanyo, and Tibungol, all in Panabo City.
On the other hand, Mempin said the two sectoral organizations are Madaum Agrarian Reform Beneficiaries Association Inc., a farmers group in Madaum, Tagum City, and the Pasakaday Salugpungan Kalimudan Talaingod Chapter. The two organizations allegedly used to help the NPA by recruiting new members into the rebel group.
This leaves Davao Del Norte Province with only three NPA-affected barangays at present.
He also said the declaration was the result of a screening by the AFP-PNP Area Clearing Validation Board (ACVB) comprised of members from the 10th Infantry Division and Police Regional Office, whose task is to ensure that the clearing of barangays and redirecting of sectoral organizations have passed the standards set forth by the Joint Letter Directive Number 3, Series of 2019.
Governor Edwin I Jubahib of Davao del Norte witnessed the board proceedings and validation.
In his speech, the governor assured that his administration is working very hard to provide the basic services. They will also come up with livelihood programs for remote barangays.
- AboitizPower celebrates Women’s Month
- P31-million in fire damage recorded in Q1 2023
- Safe travels
- Dry spell looms
- No rest for weary as Davao City gears up for Holy Week
- 10th ID chief thanks security cluster for orderly Ironman
- ROUGH CUTS| Two new influential neighbors
- Bukidnon Ranch Shifts Away from Traditional Cattle Breeding through Bionova’s Biotech
- Davao City assesses safety measures after Ironman triathlete’s passing
- PRO XI to look into lapses after Ironman athlete crashes into boy