Six Barangay in Panabo City and two sectoral organizations have been declared as cleared, peaceful and conflict-resilientcCommunities (CPCRC) following a validation on Sep 17, 2019 at the 89th Infantry Battalion headquarters in Barangay New Visayas, Sto Tomas, Davao Del Norte.
Col. Nolasco Nempin, the commander of 1003rd Infantry brigade, identified the barangays as Kasilak, Manay, New Malitbog, Cacao, Nanyo, and Tibungol, all in Panabo City.
On the other hand, Mempin said the two sectoral organizations are Madaum Agrarian Reform Beneficiaries Association Inc., a farmers group in Madaum, Tagum City, and the Pasakaday Salugpungan Kalimudan Talaingod Chapter. The two organizations allegedly used to help the NPA by recruiting new members into the rebel group.
This leaves Davao Del Norte Province with only three NPA-affected barangays at present.
He also said the declaration was the result of a screening by the AFP-PNP Area Clearing Validation Board (ACVB) comprised of members from the 10th Infantry Division and Police Regional Office, whose task is to ensure that the clearing of barangays and redirecting of sectoral organizations have passed the standards set forth by the Joint Letter Directive Number 3, Series of 2019.
Governor Edwin I Jubahib of Davao del Norte witnessed the board proceedings and validation.
In his speech, the governor assured that his administration is working very hard to provide the basic services. They will also come up with livelihood programs for remote barangays.
- Insular Life launches Prime Secure Lite, affordable term life insurance with additional COVID-19 coverage
- GO NEGOSYO HITS 2 MILLION FB FOLLOWERS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – May 12, 2021
- PROTECTING THE ELDERLY | 300 senior citizens get vaccine shots at two COVID-19 jab sites
- 126 barangay workers benefit from Chinese- donated supplies
- City has the budget to cover more free swab tests | Sara
- 23 rebels with pending arrest warrants surrender to DCPO
- AFP to detail 117 military athletes to PSC
- WANDERLUST | Seda Abreeza: celebrating a meaningful anniversary
- ANALYSIS | UNAIDS chief to make first virtual mission