Some 600 golfers are expected to troop to the fairways on the city’s three fabled courses as the 11th Eaglemasters golf tournament tees off in grand rites today.
These golfers coming from Luzon, Visayas, Mindanao and some international countries will play in the team and individual divisions in the scheduled four-day tournament which will be played at the Rancho Palos Verdes Golf and Country Club, Apo Golf and Country Club and at the Pacific Golf and Country Club.
Davao Eaglemasters President Leo Magno acknowledged the golfers and thanked them for their participation on Wednesday’s welcome cocktail held at the Davao Eaglemasters Driving Range at the Davao Crocodile Park Complex.
These golfers will see action in the five different classes – the Championship Flight (4.0 and below), Flight A (4.1-8.0 hcp), Flight B (8.1-1.4), Flight C (14.1 & Up) and the Seniors Class (for players 55yrs old and up or if below should have a handicap of 21). They will play at least a total of 18 holes at the three respective venues with the Stableford scoring format to be used in the Championship Flight to Flight C divisions and the Molave scoring system for the Seniors Class.
Fabulous prizes and giveaways will be up for grabs for the team and individual winners, including specially designed trophies plus hole-in-one prizes on designated par three fairways.
- `Crime of passion’ | Durante, 9 others tagged in Yvonette Plaza murder
- Rain causes landslide in Malabog
- ROUGH CUTS | Too much love involved here
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- 100,000 health cards seen to be released this year, say
- HIGHER RATE | Dabawenyos to pay 20% more for water
- PH to send 14 athletes to Asian Lawn Bowls Championships
- Oil prices up for second straight week
- Barangays told: Set up your reading centers
- SOLDIER MURDERED | Unknown killers shoot soldier dead