Eight teams will usher this year’s edition of the RBL (Relampagos Basketball League) Board Members basketball tournament which tips off on September 28 at the Panabo City multi-purpose gymnasium.
Board Member Atty. Jigs Relampagos along with PAO District Heat Atty. Arvin Relampagos and league commissioner Marcel Antonio Melendres will welcome the teams in grand rites prior to their respective matches.
Teams will be divided into two brackets with the Panabo City Mayor’s Office, KD Green Lions (PAO and Friends), DavNor Faith Defenders (Pastors from DavNor) and Fiscals/PNP Tagausig (Panabo Fiscals and PNP) in Group A and the RFC Eagle Warriors (RFC Lending), Nippon Paintmasters, Panabo Hall of Justice and PDEA Drugbusters comprising Group B.
Teams will play a single bracket classification round to be followed by the crossover group quarterfinals. The top two teams per bracket will have a twice-to-beat edge going to the semifinal round. The semifinal winners will advance to the finals in a best of three affair while the semis losers will play for third place.
The champion team will get P15,000 while the first and second runner-up will get P10,000 and P5,000, respectively.
“We will also have an All Star during the break before the playoffs. All Stars Bracket A vs All Stars Bracket B. Each All Stars Team shall be represented by at least three players from every team in the bracket including team owners,” Melendres said.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories