The University of the Philippines-Mindanao and UP Mindanao Foundation has set the UP Regional Alumni Institute (RAI) event in Grand Regal Hotel on Nov. 22-23, 2019.
“The objective of this is to gather support from alumni and the Mindanaons who are interested in the development of Mindanao. We will rally support through legislative action, so that we are more capable in providing resources, here in Mindanao and to address opportunities and challenges that come out,” UPMin public relations officer Rene Estemera said.
The two-day event is designed to optimize the presence of the alumni and government officials in order to offer concrete solutions and proposals on key development areas in particular for UP Mindanao and in general for Mindanao.
“I don’t know if there are other universities here in Mindanao that has human kinetics, sports med, or sports science so if we have one in Mindanao can you imagine how that would help our grassroots sports development?” UP Mindanao Foundation president Dinah Fuentes said.
“If we can have something like sports medicine here in Mindanao we don’t need to fly people to Manila with sports accident. The third is the botanical garden, that’s one of the things we want to put up here,” she added.
Among the invitees are cabinet secretaries of the Department of Science and Technology, Department of Tourism, National Economic Development Authority (NEDA), Department of Budget and Management, Office of the Presidential Adviser for the Peace Process, Mindanao Development Authority, senators and congress representatives from Mindanao, and officials of the UP System and the UP Alumni Association.
- Insular Life launches Prime Secure Lite, affordable term life insurance with additional COVID-19 coverage
- GO NEGOSYO HITS 2 MILLION FB FOLLOWERS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – May 12, 2021
- PROTECTING THE ELDERLY | 300 senior citizens get vaccine shots at two COVID-19 jab sites
- 126 barangay workers benefit from Chinese- donated supplies
- City has the budget to cover more free swab tests | Sara
- 23 rebels with pending arrest warrants surrender to DCPO
- AFP to detail 117 military athletes to PSC
- WANDERLUST | Seda Abreeza: celebrating a meaningful anniversary
- ANALYSIS | UNAIDS chief to make first virtual mission