SMB Pombo-Tonzo Express booked themselves a finals ticket after beating Lorejo Farms, 82-74 at the close of the 2019 Uraya Fortys Basketball Club semifinals, Sunday.
Ronnie Millomeda and Opling Ayunan did most damage for SMB Pombo-Tonzo Express scoring 22 and 20 points, respectively to move on to the finals next to early qualifier and defending champion GJAPS Pirates.
Lorejo Farms who failed to use its twice to beat advantage in the semis was led by playing team owner Glen Lorejo who had 22 baskets as supported by DJ Dasas who had 21.
The match-up set on September 29 at 6:30 a.m. will serve as a rematch of last season’s finals with GJAPS eyeing a three-peat. (jon develos)
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market