SMB Pombo-Tonzo Express booked themselves a finals ticket after beating Lorejo Farms, 82-74 at the close of the 2019 Uraya Fortys Basketball Club semifinals, Sunday.
Ronnie Millomeda and Opling Ayunan did most damage for SMB Pombo-Tonzo Express scoring 22 and 20 points, respectively to move on to the finals next to early qualifier and defending champion GJAPS Pirates.
Lorejo Farms who failed to use its twice to beat advantage in the semis was led by playing team owner Glen Lorejo who had 22 baskets as supported by DJ Dasas who had 21.
The match-up set on September 29 at 6:30 a.m. will serve as a rematch of last season’s finals with GJAPS eyeing a three-peat. (jon develos)
- Campaign highlights importance of supporting children, says WV
- Airline heeds call for faster vaccine rollout
- The mom, her 3 kids and the work that gave her more
- Mask for a Cause at Kultura
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- `E-sabong’ gets nod
- NO TO MIXING | Expert urges residents to register for jabs, warns vs vaccine mixing
- EastMinCom units rewarded with cash
- High infection rate indicates better approach vs virus, say
- 2 nabbed, P1-M in shabu seized