The Commission on Elections (Comelec) held a satellite registration for Lumad communities starting yesterday until Friday, Sept. 20.
“(Yesterday) we celebrated our indigenous people registration week so we will be having satellite registration for our IP brothers and sisters,” said Krisna Samantha Caballero spokesperson of Comelec XI in the sidelines of their mall satellite registration yesterday in SM City Davao.
According to Caballero, who takes charge for the first district, the IP registration under her jurisdiction is scheduled today in Datu Loho gym in Barangay Ma-a where most Kagan tribe members in the city reside.
She added that other districts in the city have their own schedules for the IP registration week. “We will give priority to the Lumad of the area because of our IP registration week. But we will also cater to non-Lumad who wish to register in that area,” Caballero said.
Weeks before the end date of the Comelec registration for the 2020 Barangay and Sangguniang Kabataan Elections (BSKE), which is Sept. 30, Caballero said that in the first district they were able to register more than 10,000 voters since Aug. 1 until the previous week.
Other upcoming satellite registrations for the said district include Barangay Catalunan Pequeño on Sept. 18; Barangay Matina Crossing on Sept. 19; Barangay Talomo Poblacion on Sept. 20; and Barangay Dumoy on Sept. 24.
Caballero also said they will have a satellite registration for senior high school students of Ateneo de Davao University set on Sept. 21. She added that they are also working on a request of the Camp Quintin M. Merecido in Catitipan for a satellite registration.
“The police requested as for a satellite registration. We still have to check on the availability of our schedule. Also, if there is only a small number from the group, we can just request them to go instead to our office and register there,” Caballero said.
She added that they will schedule that a week before the end of the registration in their office at Magsaysay park.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market