The City Council approved on first reading the resolution of the land reclassification of a new university in the city.
The Lyceum of the Philippines University in Davao, which opened last June, applied for reclassification of a proposed mixed-use development site from medium density residential sub-zone to major commercial sub-zone.
The institution is located along Sun City Road, Barangay Sasa, Buhangin District, with a total land area of about 166,512 square meters.
According to the proposed resolution, the land is under the TCT Nos 46-2013010279, 146-2013004442, T-401471, and T-401469.
Currently, the institution is situated within the existing Sun City Subdivision, hence its current land classification.
The application for the proposed site will be utilized for mixed-use development containing projects such as school, residential condominium, office, hotel, convention center, commercial structures, and others.
According to the proposed resolution, its developer, the Cebu Land Masters Inc., informed the Local Zoning Review Committee body last July 3, in a meeting that the part of the land will also be for a greening project.
Accordingly, it is planned that the greening development would be 20.34% of the development. Part of the resolution states that the 20.34% greening space must be strictly implemented and preserved and will not be converted into any other usable space other than for greening purpose.
The developer likewise said that the area has existing connection for Davao Light and Power Corporation and the Davao City Water District. Also, “A traffic impact assessment is also ongoing for the proposed project/s,” the proposal reads.
The favorable endorsement has been referred to the committee on Housing and Subdivision Development – High-end Projects.
- Insular Life launches Prime Secure Lite, affordable term life insurance with additional COVID-19 coverage
- GO NEGOSYO HITS 2 MILLION FB FOLLOWERS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – May 12, 2021
- PROTECTING THE ELDERLY | 300 senior citizens get vaccine shots at two COVID-19 jab sites
- 126 barangay workers benefit from Chinese- donated supplies
- City has the budget to cover more free swab tests | Sara
- 23 rebels with pending arrest warrants surrender to DCPO
- AFP to detail 117 military athletes to PSC
- WANDERLUST | Seda Abreeza: celebrating a meaningful anniversary
- ANALYSIS | UNAIDS chief to make first virtual mission