The Junior Chamber International (JCI) is inviting everyone in the bio-kite flying for peace set today at Tiongko Football Field (formerly Agro Field) in Bucana, Barangay 76-A, Talomo District.
The event, in celebration of the international peace month, aims to bring back the traditional way of living without gadgets.
“We want the children right now to learn what it is to live life without gadgets”, said event drumbeater Jaki Bancale of JCI Duwaling.
The JCI is also inviting residents to support MERKADU, one of their major projects.
Open for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME), MERKADU is a place in which they welcome start-up entrepreneurs to showcase and market their products. It is located in Tigatto-Mandug Road, near Buhangin Elementary School, in Barangay Buhanging Proper in Buhangin District.
Early this year, the JCI-Duwaling launched its ecobrick project that aimed to gather plastic wastes to be converted into 8,100 ecobrick bottles for the establishment of the Marilog Learning Center in Sitio Magwawa.
by Queenie Mae Mise
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021