The Junior Chamber International (JCI) is inviting everyone in the bio-kite flying for peace set today at Tiongko Football Field (formerly Agro Field) in Bucana, Barangay 76-A, Talomo District.
The event, in celebration of the international peace month, aims to bring back the traditional way of living without gadgets.
“We want the children right now to learn what it is to live life without gadgets”, said event drumbeater Jaki Bancale of JCI Duwaling.
The JCI is also inviting residents to support MERKADU, one of their major projects.
Open for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME), MERKADU is a place in which they welcome start-up entrepreneurs to showcase and market their products. It is located in Tigatto-Mandug Road, near Buhangin Elementary School, in Barangay Buhanging Proper in Buhangin District.
Early this year, the JCI-Duwaling launched its ecobrick project that aimed to gather plastic wastes to be converted into 8,100 ecobrick bottles for the establishment of the Marilog Learning Center in Sitio Magwawa.
by Queenie Mae Mise
- Maya named digital bank of the year at the int’l Future Digital Awards
- City investigating committee reconstituted
- Simulation exercise set soon in preparation for Pasko Fiesta
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- EGALITARIAN | Mindanao Futures Thinking
- HONORING MY MOTHER | The incoming waves
- The Rise of Trading in Southeast Asia
- GCash joins hands with BSP, DILG on Paleng-QR Ph rollout
- Spotify Expands Video Podcasting Feature to all Filipino Creators
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | The Bangayans’ Samgyupsalamat