The Junior Chamber International (JCI) is inviting everyone in the bio-kite flying for peace set today at Tiongko Football Field (formerly Agro Field) in Bucana, Barangay 76-A, Talomo District.
The event, in celebration of the international peace month, aims to bring back the traditional way of living without gadgets.
“We want the children right now to learn what it is to live life without gadgets”, said event drumbeater Jaki Bancale of JCI Duwaling.
The JCI is also inviting residents to support MERKADU, one of their major projects.
Open for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME), MERKADU is a place in which they welcome start-up entrepreneurs to showcase and market their products. It is located in Tigatto-Mandug Road, near Buhangin Elementary School, in Barangay Buhanging Proper in Buhangin District.
Early this year, the JCI-Duwaling launched its ecobrick project that aimed to gather plastic wastes to be converted into 8,100 ecobrick bottles for the establishment of the Marilog Learning Center in Sitio Magwawa.
by Queenie Mae Mise
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | May be it’s time for the SP to probe
- Former NPA rebel pinpoints location of buried weapons
- Drug suspect killed during buy-bust
- Simulation exercise vs. terror inside public school a success
- City joins Lunhaw Expo
- Davao de Oro Police Office hailed as best in Davao Region
- 14 barangays declared free of illegal drugs
- UPDATED PROMISE | Official: Bulk water project to start operations in March
- MAD Talks presents: Sa Ngayon, Padayon