The Junior Chamber International (JCI) is inviting everyone in the bio-kite flying for peace set today at Tiongko Football Field (formerly Agro Field) in Bucana, Barangay 76-A, Talomo District.
The event, in celebration of the international peace month, aims to bring back the traditional way of living without gadgets.
“We want the children right now to learn what it is to live life without gadgets”, said event drumbeater Jaki Bancale of JCI Duwaling.
The JCI is also inviting residents to support MERKADU, one of their major projects.
Open for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME), MERKADU is a place in which they welcome start-up entrepreneurs to showcase and market their products. It is located in Tigatto-Mandug Road, near Buhangin Elementary School, in Barangay Buhanging Proper in Buhangin District.
Early this year, the JCI-Duwaling launched its ecobrick project that aimed to gather plastic wastes to be converted into 8,100 ecobrick bottles for the establishment of the Marilog Learning Center in Sitio Magwawa.
by Queenie Mae Mise
- ROUGH CUTS | Bongbong-Sara tandem? Signs are unmistakable
- DMCI Homes rolls out tech upgrades for Verdon Parc project
- Ford Philippines sustains solid retail performance With 57 percent growth
- Army, Royal Brunei Armed Forces sign TOR on defense cooperation
- EO 59 bans drinking in public places
- Davao City discontinues use of face shields onboard PUJs
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- Army accepting applicants to fill quota for 1,050 officers
- PSC supports ASEAN plan to add more Olympic events in SEAG
- NCCA winds down IP month