Two more convict-beneficiaries of the Good Conduct Time Allowance (GCTA) program gave up recently.
Capt Nolan Tagsip, the spokesperson of the Davao City Police Office, said convicted rapist Ian Jeferson Caasi Asoy, 31, and convicted murderer Julius Jamandoron Apud, 48, will eventually be transported to the Davao Prison and Penal Farm (DPPF) in Panabo City, Davao del Norte.
Asoy, released on May 5, 2019, was said to be convicted for rape and was reportedly sentenced to six to 14 years jail term in 2011.
Apud, sentenced to reclusion perpetua in the murder case, was released on Aug. 12, 2016.
Both are residents of the city.
This brought the figure of surrenderers in the region to five.
The Police Regional Office has warned at least 70 GCTA beneficiaries in Davao region to surrender or face arrest.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success