Two more convict-beneficiaries of the Good Conduct Time Allowance (GCTA) program gave up recently.
Capt Nolan Tagsip, the spokesperson of the Davao City Police Office, said convicted rapist Ian Jeferson Caasi Asoy, 31, and convicted murderer Julius Jamandoron Apud, 48, will eventually be transported to the Davao Prison and Penal Farm (DPPF) in Panabo City, Davao del Norte.
Asoy, released on May 5, 2019, was said to be convicted for rape and was reportedly sentenced to six to 14 years jail term in 2011.
Apud, sentenced to reclusion perpetua in the murder case, was released on Aug. 12, 2016.
Both are residents of the city.
This brought the figure of surrenderers in the region to five.
The Police Regional Office has warned at least 70 GCTA beneficiaries in Davao region to surrender or face arrest.
- Responder drowns
- HONORING MY MOTHER: Going your own way
- ROUGH CUTS| What’s behind Mayor Baste’s silence?
- Davao ICon 2023 showcases the region’s finest
- BJMP XI offers free rides every Thursdays this month
- FORTY-SOMETHING FIRST-TIME MOM | Confessions of an angry mama
- EGALITARIAN: Nano industry and spectrum of industries
- Globe Group shares story of purpose-led transformation in UN’s Vision 2045 documentary series
- Davao Light energizes four sitios in Davao del Norte
- Full confidence