A man was killed when members of the Talomo Police Station shot him as he allegedly tried to fire at them as they were mounting an operation against illegal drugs Tuesday night at Purok 22, Sitio Malamboon, Barangay 76-A.
Major Ronald Lao, commander of the police station, said the man, known only as Junjun Bastatas, was reported to have been involved in criminal activities in the area.
Lao explained the incident started when Bastatas was trying to sell a sachet of marijuana to a police officer in exchange for P500. As the transaction was going on, the police officer announced that he was arresting Bastatas, prompting the latter to draw a gun from his bag and fired it at the former.
Lao said when Bastatas failed to hit the police officer, who he did not identify, the latter then shot him on the different parts of the body. A mobile unit then brought the man to the Southern Philippines Medical Center where he died while being attended to by a physician.
Investigators of the Scene of the Crime Operatives (SOCO) recovered from the crime scene a .38 caliber revolver with four bullets and two fired cartridges of a .9-millimeter caliber handgun.
- Migs Dominguez is new Alsons Dev director
- This is it — #AngSignNaHanapMo to achieve your beauty goals
- JIB’s IChef Makes History as Mindanao’s First Halal-Certified Institution
- EGALITARIAN l Weak Peso to Our Advantage
- HONORING MY MOTHER l Cleaning as lifesaver (a Rewrite)
- ROUGH CUTS l Men are created equal?
- 2 cops nabbed for involvement in Gensan robbery; superiors relieved
- P2.448-M in shabu seized in Toril raid
- Residents urged vote for city in global contest
- Davaoeña is new head of TPB