A man was killed when members of the Talomo Police Station shot him as he allegedly tried to fire at them as they were mounting an operation against illegal drugs Tuesday night at Purok 22, Sitio Malamboon, Barangay 76-A.
Major Ronald Lao, commander of the police station, said the man, known only as Junjun Bastatas, was reported to have been involved in criminal activities in the area.
Lao explained the incident started when Bastatas was trying to sell a sachet of marijuana to a police officer in exchange for P500. As the transaction was going on, the police officer announced that he was arresting Bastatas, prompting the latter to draw a gun from his bag and fired it at the former.
Lao said when Bastatas failed to hit the police officer, who he did not identify, the latter then shot him on the different parts of the body. A mobile unit then brought the man to the Southern Philippines Medical Center where he died while being attended to by a physician.
Investigators of the Scene of the Crime Operatives (SOCO) recovered from the crime scene a .38 caliber revolver with four bullets and two fired cartridges of a .9-millimeter caliber handgun.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories