Anti-narcotics agents dismantled a drug den in Buhangin District where they confiscated more than P100,000 worth of shabu in a buy-bust operation pre-dawn Saturday.
Agents of the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA), led by Director Antonio Rivera, targeted Bryan Jay Plaza, 24, when they chanced upon a group of men who were having a pot session inside the house at Block 42, Lot 8, Vincent Heights Subdivision, Barangay Alfonso Angliongto Sr., Buhangin District at 3:35 a.m. Saturday.
Nephi Noli Dimaandal, PDEA regional spokesperson, said an undercover PDEA agent was able to buy a medium-sized transparent plastic sachet, containing a gram of suspected shabu worth P12,000.
They immediately arrested Plaza whose name cropped up in their previous investigations.
During the operation, five men – identified as Joshua Mayoral, John Christopher Diamante, Dayanara Perez, Rick John Escobar, and Patrick Miral – were also arrested for having a drug session inside the house.
One big-sized sachet and two small sachets of suspected shabu, weighing around 12 grams with a street value of P120,000, several empty plastic sachets with suspected shabu residue, and assorted drug paraphernalia were seized. The buy-bust money was also recovered.
The suspects are now detained at the detention facility of the PDEA as charges for violation of Republic Act 9165 have been filed against them.
The seized suspected illegal drugs were submitted to the PDEA laboratory section for examination.
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021