Anti-narcotics agents dismantled a drug den in Buhangin District where they confiscated more than P100,000 worth of shabu in a buy-bust operation pre-dawn Saturday.
Agents of the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA), led by Director Antonio Rivera, targeted Bryan Jay Plaza, 24, when they chanced upon a group of men who were having a pot session inside the house at Block 42, Lot 8, Vincent Heights Subdivision, Barangay Alfonso Angliongto Sr., Buhangin District at 3:35 a.m. Saturday.
Nephi Noli Dimaandal, PDEA regional spokesperson, said an undercover PDEA agent was able to buy a medium-sized transparent plastic sachet, containing a gram of suspected shabu worth P12,000.
They immediately arrested Plaza whose name cropped up in their previous investigations.
During the operation, five men – identified as Joshua Mayoral, John Christopher Diamante, Dayanara Perez, Rick John Escobar, and Patrick Miral – were also arrested for having a drug session inside the house.
One big-sized sachet and two small sachets of suspected shabu, weighing around 12 grams with a street value of P120,000, several empty plastic sachets with suspected shabu residue, and assorted drug paraphernalia were seized. The buy-bust money was also recovered.
The suspects are now detained at the detention facility of the PDEA as charges for violation of Republic Act 9165 have been filed against them.
The seized suspected illegal drugs were submitted to the PDEA laboratory section for examination.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success