The preventive anti-drug abuse education modules used by the City Anti-Drug Abuse Council (Cadac) has been translated to the Arabic language to be used by schools where majority of the students are Muslims.
According to Ronald Rivera Cadac, technical adviser, the module will be launched on Nov. 20. The final editing is set on Sept. 22-23 after it was field-tested among elementary and high school students in Sirawan, Toril District last Aug. 30.
“The results (of the field test) were acceptable, meaning it will already be endorsed by the Department of Education for utilization for formal and non-formal education as well as the Alternative Learning System,” Rivera said.
About 98% of the population of the two schools are Muslim students. The field testing was participated by grades 4-6 from Sirawan Elementary School and grades 7–12 from Sirawan High School.
“I am moved by the dedication of our Muslim brothers and sisters in the translation writeshop. They all gave their best for this great gift to our Moro people,” Rivera said.
According to Rivera, the translation was requested by the College of Islamic Studies of Ateneo de Davao University, chaired by Prof. Janor Balo. The lead persons are Prof. Haroun Ranain and Dr. Aria Juanillo from the Deped Curriculum Implementation Division.
He added that the comprehensive Madras Ulama or scholars under the City Mayor’s Office shall help in the evaluation.
According to Rivera, the translation treads on cultural sensitivity. “So all were conformed with faith and traditions.”
Meanwhile, Rivera said their challenges is among the non-formal education or comprehensive Madras because they “will use the Kagan language as their language. So (there will be) no answers in English or Tagalog or Cebuano.”
However, the module for non-formal education will still be anchored to the competencies by the DepEd or the Cadac Arabic modules prescribed to guide the Ustadz. Rivera expressed his gratitude to the Ustadz, Ustadzas and the principal of the Sirawan Elementary School.
He added that there are also proposed plans to include the PTA and next generation Imams in drug preventive education using Cadac Arabic Modules.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success