The Regional Science Centrum in Davao, formerly known as Mindanao Science Centrum, is on pace to be completed next year.
Anthony Sales, regional director of the Department of Science and Technology XI, said they want to make the centrum inclusive and sustainable, which is why they have to include the government, academe, industry, and the civil society.
“By inclusive we mean that these sectors are not just beneficiaries of the efforts but active partners in the development process. At the very start, when we construct the programs and projects, all four sectors should be engaged and be there to provide their perspective and inputs,” Sales said.
The total floor area of the Regional Science Centrum, which will be erected on land owned by the Bureau of Plant and Industry (BPI), is around 5,000 square meters. The project has an initial budget of P10 million for the building. It is an educational facility that shall provide an innovative platform to enhance learning and knowledge, particularly among students.
“Our ultimate objective is to develop further the science culture in the region and hopefully, the children would choose a scientific career when the time comes,” Mirasol Domingo, assistant regional director of DOST XI, said..
Philippine Science High School director Delia Legaspino promised to bring their students to the centrum for exposure, researches, and projects.
Reynan Zamora, National Poverty Reduction, Livelihood and Employment Cluster member, said they would be bringing a few indigenous people for training in the centrum. They will also have small space at the centrum.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success