The Regional Science Centrum in Davao, formerly known as Mindanao Science Centrum, is on pace to be completed next year.
Anthony Sales, regional director of the Department of Science and Technology XI, said they want to make the centrum inclusive and sustainable, which is why they have to include the government, academe, industry, and the civil society.
“By inclusive we mean that these sectors are not just beneficiaries of the efforts but active partners in the development process. At the very start, when we construct the programs and projects, all four sectors should be engaged and be there to provide their perspective and inputs,” Sales said.
The total floor area of the Regional Science Centrum, which will be erected on land owned by the Bureau of Plant and Industry (BPI), is around 5,000 square meters. The project has an initial budget of P10 million for the building. It is an educational facility that shall provide an innovative platform to enhance learning and knowledge, particularly among students.
“Our ultimate objective is to develop further the science culture in the region and hopefully, the children would choose a scientific career when the time comes,” Mirasol Domingo, assistant regional director of DOST XI, said..
Philippine Science High School director Delia Legaspino promised to bring their students to the centrum for exposure, researches, and projects.
Reynan Zamora, National Poverty Reduction, Livelihood and Employment Cluster member, said they would be bringing a few indigenous people for training in the centrum. They will also have small space at the centrum.
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021