Eleven awardees will be given recognition during the Lunhaw Awards scheduled at 6 p.m. on Sept. 13 in Grand Men Seng Hotel.
Under Executive Order No. 28 series of 2018 issued by Mayor Sara Z. Duterte, the Lunhaw Month will be celebrated every September to promote the greening of Davao City.
Chinkie Pelino-Golle, Interfacing Development Interventions for Sustainability (IDIS) executive director, invited Davaoenos to attend the Lunhaw awards.
“You will know who are the 11 Lunhaw awardees for this year,” she said.
The Lunhaw Awards this year will focus on the problem of garbage in the community in an innovative and relatable way.
There are seven categories for this award: Green Building/Urban Greening, Forest-based initiatives, Rural and Urban Organic Farming, Energy and Water Conservation, Marine Resource Management, and Pollution Control Education and Advocacy. Special categories are also given for Green Champion Award for the Outstanding Environmental Advocates in Davao City both for adult and the youth, Outstanding Local Government Unit with Environmental Initiatives both in barangay led initiative and city government-led initiative and the Search for Establishments with permeable pavement design for parking spaces and walkways.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success