Eleven awardees will be given recognition during the Lunhaw Awards scheduled at 6 p.m. on Sept. 13 in Grand Men Seng Hotel.
Under Executive Order No. 28 series of 2018 issued by Mayor Sara Z. Duterte, the Lunhaw Month will be celebrated every September to promote the greening of Davao City.
Chinkie Pelino-Golle, Interfacing Development Interventions for Sustainability (IDIS) executive director, invited Davaoenos to attend the Lunhaw awards.
“You will know who are the 11 Lunhaw awardees for this year,” she said.
The Lunhaw Awards this year will focus on the problem of garbage in the community in an innovative and relatable way.
There are seven categories for this award: Green Building/Urban Greening, Forest-based initiatives, Rural and Urban Organic Farming, Energy and Water Conservation, Marine Resource Management, and Pollution Control Education and Advocacy. Special categories are also given for Green Champion Award for the Outstanding Environmental Advocates in Davao City both for adult and the youth, Outstanding Local Government Unit with Environmental Initiatives both in barangay led initiative and city government-led initiative and the Search for Establishments with permeable pavement design for parking spaces and walkways.
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021