The Bureau of Jail Management and Penology (BJMP) celebrated its 28th anniversary by recognizing the personnel for their hard work and service.
“Let us recognize the men and women in the bureau that have ensured the welfare of the inmates,” Acting Mayor Sebastian Duterte in his speech as he graced the celebration at the Grand Men Seng Hotel on Sept 7.
He also said the BJMP is one of the pillars of the justice system and one of its roles is ensure that the reformative and transformative nature of the penal system works. Also, the agency should also maintain the well-being of the people behind bars.
“As we move forward, continue to work closely with the local government units, other government agencies, and civil society organizations in dispensing our responsibilities to promote justice and human security,” he said.
All BJMP officers and personnel, along with their partner agencies and groups, were recognized during the event.
“Let us continue to work towards an orderly and safe society for everyone,” Duterte said.
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021