The Bureau of Jail Management and Penology (BJMP) celebrated its 28th anniversary by recognizing the personnel for their hard work and service.
“Let us recognize the men and women in the bureau that have ensured the welfare of the inmates,” Acting Mayor Sebastian Duterte in his speech as he graced the celebration at the Grand Men Seng Hotel on Sept 7.
He also said the BJMP is one of the pillars of the justice system and one of its roles is ensure that the reformative and transformative nature of the penal system works. Also, the agency should also maintain the well-being of the people behind bars.
“As we move forward, continue to work closely with the local government units, other government agencies, and civil society organizations in dispensing our responsibilities to promote justice and human security,” he said.
All BJMP officers and personnel, along with their partner agencies and groups, were recognized during the event.
“Let us continue to work towards an orderly and safe society for everyone,” Duterte said.
- ROUGH CUTS | Bongbong-Sara tandem? Signs are unmistakable
- DMCI Homes rolls out tech upgrades for Verdon Parc project
- Ford Philippines sustains solid retail performance With 57 percent growth
- Army, Royal Brunei Armed Forces sign TOR on defense cooperation
- EO 59 bans drinking in public places
- Davao City discontinues use of face shields onboard PUJs
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- Army accepting applicants to fill quota for 1,050 officers
- PSC supports ASEAN plan to add more Olympic events in SEAG
- NCCA winds down IP month