The City Government has reconstituted the composition of the Local Health Board (LHB).
Mayor Sara Duterte signed Executive Order (EO) No. 27, series of 2019 that reconstitutes the membership of the Local Health Board “to facilitate the delivery of basic health services to its people aimed at improving the quality of life in the city’s population.
According to the order, the City Mayor will serve as the Chair with the City Health Officer as the vice chair.
Its members include the Chair of the City Council Committee on Health, the director of the Department of Health Region XI, and representative from the private sector or non-governmental organization involved in health services in the city.
The order also provides that in case of absence of the Chair, the City Administrator shall assume the former’s duties and functions in the LHB.
It also mandates the Chair or her authorized representative to identify appropriate personnel to comprise the technical staff of the LHB.
Among its functions, include proposing to the Sangguniang Panlungsod, in accordance with the standards and criteria set by the DOH, annual budgetary allocations for the operation and maintenance of health facilities and services in the city.
It shall also serve as an advisory committee to the Sangguniang Panlungsod on health matters such as the necessity for and application of local appropriations for public health purposes.
The board is also mandated to create committees, which shall advise local health agencies on matters including personnel selection and promotion, bids, and awards, grievance and complaints, personnel discipline, budget reviews, operations review and similar function provided consistent with the technical and administrative standards of the Department of Health.
The order also provides that all members and personnel who are performing functions of the LHB are allowed to claim for incidental expenses relative to the services rendered in addition to their duties and responsibilities and for work beyond office hours.
- ROUGH CUTS | Run that nuclear power plant
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – MAY 25, 2022
- DTI 11 urges consumers to help in monitoring new SRPs
- SCENE CITY | Pidoks blesses fourth branch
- WANDERLUST | DA, NCCA, DOT lead Filipino Food Month celebration
- Next admin told | Build Samal bridge to improve DavNor power
- Tagum City sets record for most biodiverse observations
- CCCs offer free swabbing, teleconsultation services
- ‘Multi-layered security plan’ readied for Sara’s oathtaking
- City still enjoys low rates for COVID, 2 weeks after polls