Two soldiers were wounded in an encounter against members of the New People’s Army (NPA) in Barangay Tibagon, Pantukan, Compostella Valley on Saturday morning.
The unnamed injured soldiers, both private first class, assigned at the 71st Infantry Battalion, are now in stable condition.
The troopers were conducting combat operation in Sitio Kabaihan when they encountered an estimated 30 rebels believed to be members of the Guerilla Front 2, Sub Regional Command 2, Southern Mindanao Regional Committee at 10:05 a.m.
The gunfight lasted for about 25 minutes as the rebels fled to Barangay Magnaga, Pantukan, Compostela Valley.
The wounded soldiers were immediately brought to Camp Panacan here for medication.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- FANTASTIC BEASTS | The secrets of dumbledore, and more titles streaming on HBO go via sky
- Residents urged to be vigilant vs COVID-19
- ROUGH CUTS | Davao City’s other face
- SEC issues cease and desist order against Wellcons Unlimited Systems, Inc.
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JUNE 29, 2022
- DOLE brings livelihood grants to Davao de Oro
- Statement on affirmation of revocation of Rappler’s Corporate Registration
- No untoward incident during oath-taking of incoming mayor
- City, DavOr, 5 towns under Alert Level 1