Two soldiers were wounded in an encounter against members of the New People’s Army (NPA) in Barangay Tibagon, Pantukan, Compostella Valley on Saturday morning.
The unnamed injured soldiers, both private first class, assigned at the 71st Infantry Battalion, are now in stable condition.
The troopers were conducting combat operation in Sitio Kabaihan when they encountered an estimated 30 rebels believed to be members of the Guerilla Front 2, Sub Regional Command 2, Southern Mindanao Regional Committee at 10:05 a.m.
The gunfight lasted for about 25 minutes as the rebels fled to Barangay Magnaga, Pantukan, Compostela Valley.
The wounded soldiers were immediately brought to Camp Panacan here for medication.
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021