Two soldiers were wounded in an encounter against members of the New People’s Army (NPA) in Barangay Tibagon, Pantukan, Compostella Valley on Saturday morning.
The unnamed injured soldiers, both private first class, assigned at the 71st Infantry Battalion, are now in stable condition.
The troopers were conducting combat operation in Sitio Kabaihan when they encountered an estimated 30 rebels believed to be members of the Guerilla Front 2, Sub Regional Command 2, Southern Mindanao Regional Committee at 10:05 a.m.
The gunfight lasted for about 25 minutes as the rebels fled to Barangay Magnaga, Pantukan, Compostela Valley.
The wounded soldiers were immediately brought to Camp Panacan here for medication.
- ROUGH CUTS | Bongbong-Sara tandem? Signs are unmistakable
- DMCI Homes rolls out tech upgrades for Verdon Parc project
- Ford Philippines sustains solid retail performance With 57 percent growth
- Army, Royal Brunei Armed Forces sign TOR on defense cooperation
- EO 59 bans drinking in public places
- Davao City discontinues use of face shields onboard PUJs
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- Army accepting applicants to fill quota for 1,050 officers
- PSC supports ASEAN plan to add more Olympic events in SEAG
- NCCA winds down IP month