What joy it is to listen to the songs we used to hear during the “golden age of music,” the songs we loved to listen to and sing from the Broadway musicals of our generation. And these songs were featured at a concert held by the UCCP Social Concerns Foundation o its 50th Anniversary.
It was a Saturday afternoon, August 31, 2019 when we watched the matinee show at the UCCP Congregational Church located along the crossroad of A. Pelayo and Bonifacio Streets.
Part 1 consisted of Sacred Songs performed by Glorious Harmony, Jake Kuan, Kuan Sisters, Charline Fiel and the LCB PACFI. The Secular and Broadway Songs were sang by the Glorious Harmony, Rudyard Montayre, Lesley James Mangaoil, who sang Oh What a Beautiful Morning from the movie Oklahoma.
Other performers were Jeanette Feliciano, Li Mahipuus, Jamie Mangaoil, Benson Solarte & Jen Capundag, Xolen Guasch, Patrick Rodriguez, Addie Amparo who sang Colors of the Wind from Pocahontas and Glenn Paul Melendez.
Blind Artists were featured in Part III with Tristan Beriquet, the Kuan Family, Charline Fiel, Willie & Co., Tristan and Children’s Choir. Selections featured were Salamat Musika, The Quest (Impossible Dream), Let It Go, Hawak Kamay,Buwan and If we Hold On Together. The Finale was Climb Every Mountain by Soloist Geonzyl Alviola.
Production Staff of the concert: Fe Del Rosario – SCFI Executive Director. Hosefina Tejada – Stage Director, Melanie Lim – Marketing, Thelma Carballo and Lody Espada – Costumes. Production Assistants were AJ Atabelo, Sanaa Palad and Juan Carlos Tejada. Videographer was Daryl Descallar.
- GUEST EDITORIAL | A tribute to Fr. Swamy
- PARADIGM SHIFT | A New Geopolitical Paradigm Between Iran and China
- ROUGH CUTS | We need to restrain our ‘horses’
- COVID vaccination hotlines to receive calls from seniors
- 5 NPA rebels surrender in SK
- 2 nabbed for illegal substances
- MEDICAL LEAVE | Mayor Duterte in Singapore
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 8, 2021
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 7, 2021
- NCCC offers more ways to shop online