What joy it is to listen to the songs we used to hear during the “golden age of music,” the songs we loved to listen to and sing from the Broadway musicals of our generation. And these songs were featured at a concert held by the UCCP Social Concerns Foundation o its 50th Anniversary.
It was a Saturday afternoon, August 31, 2019 when we watched the matinee show at the UCCP Congregational Church located along the crossroad of A. Pelayo and Bonifacio Streets.
Part 1 consisted of Sacred Songs performed by Glorious Harmony, Jake Kuan, Kuan Sisters, Charline Fiel and the LCB PACFI. The Secular and Broadway Songs were sang by the Glorious Harmony, Rudyard Montayre, Lesley James Mangaoil, who sang Oh What a Beautiful Morning from the movie Oklahoma.
Other performers were Jeanette Feliciano, Li Mahipuus, Jamie Mangaoil, Benson Solarte & Jen Capundag, Xolen Guasch, Patrick Rodriguez, Addie Amparo who sang Colors of the Wind from Pocahontas and Glenn Paul Melendez.
Blind Artists were featured in Part III with Tristan Beriquet, the Kuan Family, Charline Fiel, Willie & Co., Tristan and Children’s Choir. Selections featured were Salamat Musika, The Quest (Impossible Dream), Let It Go, Hawak Kamay,Buwan and If we Hold On Together. The Finale was Climb Every Mountain by Soloist Geonzyl Alviola.
Production Staff of the concert: Fe Del Rosario – SCFI Executive Director. Hosefina Tejada – Stage Director, Melanie Lim – Marketing, Thelma Carballo and Lody Espada – Costumes. Production Assistants were AJ Atabelo, Sanaa Palad and Juan Carlos Tejada. Videographer was Daryl Descallar.
- AboitizPower’s Hedcor celebrates 45th anniversary
- PRO XI: Heighten patrols to keep streets safe
- 8 Injury Prevention Tips for Older Athletes
- KonsultaMD SuperApp: A game-changer in Philippine healthcare
- MTCP Alumni feted by Malaysian Consul General Consul General of Malaysia, Hon. Deddy Faisal Ahmad Salleh
- Consul General of Malaysia Mr. Deddy Faisal Bin Ahmad speech at High Tea Reception in honour of MTCP Alumni
- Globe shifts Iloilo facility to renewable energy, total sites on clean energy now at 25
- ROUGH CUTS| We’re starting to read through the pictures
- Poplar invites UX designers and writers to Designers Homecoming
- 62 fire victims get cash aid