The Norwegian“invited” by the police on Wednesday for bringing two male minors inside a hotel along Sta. Ana Avenue has been released.
After a thorough investigation, the Davao City Police Office (DCPO) accepted the explanation of the 53-year-old foreigner, name withheld, and the relatives of the children that there was no ill motive in the action of the foreigner.
Capt. Nolan Tagsip, the DCPO spokesperson, said there was no indication of abuse.
It was verified based on the documents and evidence presented, Tagsip said.
The wife of the Norwegian who is the mother of one of the minors and the mother of the other child went to the DCPO to clarify the matter.
It was learned that the Norwegian is legally married to a Filipina, who is the mother of the 10-year-old boy and aunt of the eight-year-old boy.
Tagsip said the parents and the children were consistent with their statements during the interview conducted by the Womens and Children and Protection Desk (WCPD) and the Social Workers of City Social Service and Development Office (CSSDO).
The minors were released to the mothers as well as the Norwegian late Wednesday afternoon.
DCPO director Col. Alexander Tagum said they received a report on Wednesday that there was a foreigner who was bringing in two minors inside a hotel along Sta. Ana Avenue on Wednesday.
Operatives of the Davao City Police Office–Women and Children’s Protection Desk (WCPD) and the City Social Services and Development Office immediately went to the hotel to “invite” the foreigner for an inquiry.
“They conducted an interview with the foreigner and he was invited to the WCPD office,” Tagum said.
The foreigner, Tagum said, explained stated that he accompanied his wife’s children and nephew to the hotel since his wife went to Agusan to get some documents.
The Norwegian national was able to present his passport, birth certificate, and marriage contract.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market