The tourism industry must come up with more activities that will lure more tourists, like sports and other events, said Arturo Milan, president of the Davao City Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
Milan said these activities, similar to the recently-concluded Kadayawan sa Dabaw, will help draw more people to the city.
He said sports activities and other similar events should be held so that more tourists will visit the city.
“Foreigners enjoyed watching the tribal games (during the Kadayawan sa Dabaw), and we need more activities like this to sustain (the) tourism initiatives,” he said during the Kapehan sa Davao at SM City Davao.
He added that the quality of activities of the festival also leveled up, adding that both foreign and local tourists decided to spend time in the city even if it was held longer as organizers decided to hold it for a month instead of just a week.
On the duration of the event, Milan said it increased the number of visitors as well as resulted in bigger incomes for industry businesses.
Renato Gatchalian, president of the Davao Tourism Associaton, added that the month-long holding of the event allowed more people to witness it.
Gatchalian also batted for the holding of more events next year so that “people will have something to look forward to.
He also called on tour operators to come up with packages that will not only feature the city but other destinations in the region to ensure that tourists will have some new places to visit.
- `Crime of passion’ | Durante, 9 others tagged in Yvonette Plaza murder
- Rain causes landslide in Malabog
- ROUGH CUTS | Too much love involved here
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- 100,000 health cards seen to be released this year, say
- HIGHER RATE | Dabawenyos to pay 20% more for water
- PH to send 14 athletes to Asian Lawn Bowls Championships
- Oil prices up for second straight week
- Barangays told: Set up your reading centers
- SOLDIER MURDERED | Unknown killers shoot soldier dead