Police officers invited a 53-year-old Norwegian after receiving a tip that he was seen bringing in two boys inside a hotel along Sta. Ana Avenue yesterday.
Speaking in yesterday’s AFP-PNP press briefing held at The Royal Mandaya hotel, Capt. Nolan Tagsip, the newly designated spokesperson of Davao City Police Office, said as of now, investigation on the foreigner is ongoing.
They are also checking the legality of his documents and background information to ferret out the truth.
As of now, the foreigner is still considered as a person of interest so TIMES is withholding his name to protect his identity.
Also, the underage boys are now under the custody of the City Social Service and Development Office (CSSDO) to determine if they were abused or molested.
Accordingly, Col. Alexander Tagum, received a report yesterday that there was a foreigner bringing in two minors to his room.
Operatives of the Davao City Police Office–Women and Children’s Protection Desk (WCPD) and the City Social Services and Development Office immediately went to the hotel.
“They conducted an interview with the foreigner and he was invited to the WCPD office,” he said.
According to the foreigner, the 10-year-old boy is the son of his Filipina wife while the 8-year-old was her nephew. “The foreigner said his wife was not around since she went to Agusan to get some documents,” he added.
Upon questioning, the Norwegian national presented his passport, birth certificate, and a marriage contract. They are checking the veracity of the documents.
As of this writing, Tagsip said they are still waiting for the wife of the Norwegian while the children are in the custody of CSSDO.
“We cannot give a statement that there or it is a sexual abuse because the children are being interviewed so it is more an invitation and interview,” he said.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success