The city government is pushing to declare August to October as immunization months in a bid to expand the coverage of routine vaccination for kids.
Acting Mayor Sebastian Duterte signed Executive Order No. 34 dated Aug. 8 which promotes vaccination covering grades 1 to 7 kids to protect them from preventable diseases such as measles- rubella, human papilloma, and tetanus diphtheria.
The order covers all public and private schools in all three districts of the city. It will also include cultural communities, indigenous peoples, and all concerned private, non-government, and civil organizations of the city.
“The key stakeholders have significant roles in the full implementation of the school-based immunization program which needs to be reached from the period of three months,” the EO read.
The City Health Office will lead the campaign through the Expanded Immunization Program (EIP) of the agency.
It will also implement the program in collaboration with public and private schools, barangay units, non-government organizations, civil organizations, hospitals, and other partners within the catchment areas.
Meanwhile, the Department of Health shall provide necessary vaccines and other immunization logistics. It will also provide training and pharmacovigilance reporting support.
The Department of Education will assist in the implementation of immunization in schools and issue memorandum about the activity. It will also raise awareness of students, parents, and the association on the guidelines for school-based immunization with consent, and be informed on the risks of the non-vaccination of vaccine-preventable diseases.
The Department of Interior and Local Government will issue a memorandum to all barangay councils to actively participate in the activity, and educate communities on the benefits of the vaccine-preventable diseases.
Meanwhile, the Philippine Pediatrics Society, Inc. Davao shall act as the technical consultant for the implementation of the school-based immunization program.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market